Thursday, June 16, 2011

New pics, new plan


Zeus

Zeus

One problem with having so many fosters is that there is so much to do that I don't have time to do the things that need to be done to get them adopted.  That's been my problem this week.  I have to work and do the most pressing things first, and there's been no time for secondary things this week.  I still have a few dogs who aren't on the web and I am getting more inquiries and applications daily for Zeus.   

Tuesday I had a trip to the vet with Ranger and Teddy and then delivered Ranger back to his prospective home.  Wednesday, I went with some folks back to the home that the labs came from to collect the kennel, 10x10 wooden platform, canopy, and two dog houses that the dog dumpers donated.  I didn't have an immediate need for it, but it was good stuff and I didn't want to turn it down.  On Thursday I got Zeus back to the vet to have his neuter suturers removed. I've made neuter appointments for the male lab, Max, and the newest shepherd, Romeo, at CASPCA for Monday.  Also on Monday morning I'm going to drop off the female lab, Maddie, at the vet for vaccines and heartworm test, as well as Bo, the rottie, for an exam and hopefully the beginning of his heartworm treatment.  I'm saying all this mostly so it will be written down somewhere so I won't forget. 



Odie

Schatze

On Friday I'm going to try to cat-test Romeo.  He is such a laid back guy that I'm thinking he may be cat-friendly, in which case I have a potential foster home for him. 

I've had so many dogs that I haven't had a chance to interact one-on-one with Zeus very much, but I did so on our trip to the vet today.  What a cool dog!  He sat nicely between my legs in the reception area as if we were best friends.  Some kids came in and he wanted to meet them, and their dog, but it was clearly a happy, friendly greeting.  After I let him do so, he was back laying down next to me.  With Karin's help we narrowed the field of applicants and I really am going to make the effort to get him moved this weekend.  Such a nice dog.

I have developed a strategy this week for balancing work, dogs, and home.  In the mornings I'll knock off one-third of my work and spend some time doing yard work and outdoor stuff.  In the afternoons I'll do another third of my work day, plus dog business (vet trips or whatever).  In the evenings I'll finish up my work day and make dinner.  Good plan, eh?  We'll see how long it lasts. 



Teddy

Teddy

The pics here were taken by Pam last weekend at VGSR's adoption event in Gainesville.  This weekend I'm driving up to Front Royal for another one on Sunday. 

5 comments:

Coffeelove said...

Are you sure Zeus is a dog? He looks like a muppet. What a handsome guy!

Anonymous said...

I still think that Zeus is a Picardy Shepherd.

BudsBuddy said...

I'm surprised Zeus has so many inquiries. He just looks like a cute but basically raggedy little brown dog to me. No accounting for taste I guess! I'm glad it seems he'll have his choice of homes.

BudsBuddy said...

I've been feeling guilty ever since I wrote that Zeus was a raggedy little dog! I don't know why I was feeling so churlish that day. He's adorable, and I'm so glad he has wandered into a loving home!

Brent said...

BudsBuddy, don't worry about it, he's not really my cup of tea either, but he got adopted and we are all glad about that.