Friday, December 9, 2011

Introducing....

Woody, because he just looks like a Woody, that charming and irresistible combination of cute and clueless.  (Inspired by one of the suggested names, Woodsy.)



And Laila, after Mohammad Ali's daughter, because she's a beautiful black woman, and she's a fighter.


I was greeted this morning by three piles of soft messy puppy poo on the newspapers covering the floor of the parvo puppy ward (the guest bathroom).  I'm pretty sure that at least one of them came from Laila, which would be the first semi-solid and non-bloody substance that she has produced in a week.  She was on the bed in the shower stall when I entered, but she got up to come over and see me when I came in--another first in a week's time. 

I'm not sure that she's eating on her own yet, Woody gobbles down everything I leave out for them both, so I'll continue the feeding routine for now. 

I liked many of the suggested names, especially Hansel and Gretel, which fit the "at the edge of the woods" theme of the last post, and Rally, but that one belongs to a Fluvanna SPCA pup right now. 

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.  I've been a bear to live with lately, but that's not that far from normal.

3 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

Great news! Pretty soon those two pups will be producing more puppy poo than you care to imagine ;)

Sara Lahmann said...

glad to hear the pups are pulling through. i will continue to keep them in my thoughts. also, i will be thinking of you and hoping that a warm fire with an even warmer drink is in your future.

Cathy Lawder said...

I will never forget my first litter of parvo puppies...the fear, helplessness and hopelessness. I only lost one of three but it was heartbreaking. It's emotionally exhausting caring for them. You and Clay are exceptional to take them on with everything you all ready do help creatures in need. Thank you for saving little Laila and Woody. It sounds like they (and you) are through the worst of it.