Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas cards

Here are some of the photos I've received from former fosters in the past few weeks.  Some were sent in email, some were posted on Facebook, and some I received the old fashioned way with actual cards via snail mail.  I like them anyway they come.



This is Anthony, one of the senior dogs from the hoarder. 
He has a fantastic new home, new life, so much better than anything in his past.


This is Barth, formerly Harlan. 
His new dad got involved with a rescue group in North Carolina.
Barth is welcoming to the fosters as he always has been to everyone he meets.


This is Dusty in her Christmas bandanna, no reindeer antlers, thank you, her real ears are big enough.


This is Griff, formerly Nick, formerly Buddy.  He was abandoned over in the valley,
but was lucky enough and smart enough to find his way to some good folks who got him
to me.  He was even luckier to be adopted by the director of the shelter run by the
Rappahanock Animal Welfare League.  He is now living the rottweiler dream.


This is Henry, who now lives in Ohio.
Still wild and crazy after all these years, but they love him.


The dog on top is Coby, formerly my Hunter. 
He and Bella are now inseparable and they both love it.


The dog on the left is my former foster Mack,
shown here with his very own kid and a buddy.

This Shika, Shayna, and Rocky (left to right), along with Rocky's therapy dog business card.
I knew Shayna when she used to live in Virginia, but she drove out here from Utah to adopt Rocky.
The three of them have since moved to Texas, where Rocky continues his therapy work.


This was Sunny when I had her, she is now named Sophie, but they call her "Bug".
I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's because she constantly bugs anyone around to play with her.


And this is Luke.  I am so happy for Luke.  I adopted him out many years ago to someone who returned him when he was nine years old.  I didn't have much hope of finding him a home, but Steve and his wife Sandy took in Luke as a foster.  Within a few weeks, they found Luke a wonderful home.  That is Steve in the Santa suit; he gave Luke the best possible Christmas gift, a home.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me cry. It's the cards and notes and photos from happy adopters and their beloved adopted dogs that make the craziness of rescue all worthwhile.
Dog bless you and Clay.

BudsBuddy said...

Well said, Anonymous. I enjoyed all your Christmas posts, Brent. Thanks for sharing and thanks for giving the best gift of all to each of these dogs and the families lucky enough to have them.