Monday, December 12, 2011

Cleaning up

Woody, trying to climb out of the tub.
Laila, a bit confused by it all.
I had Friday and Monday off as vacation days making a 4 day weekend, which was very nice.  Furthermore, I didn't go anywhere, no adoption events, no nothing.  It was a much needed break, and it was time to spend a little time on everything that had been getting pushed aside, including Christmas. 

I also started the parvo puppy clean up process.  I pulled the crates and mat out of the van and disinfected them with bleach.  Newspapers have been keeping the puppy ward fairly clean, but the puppies themselves were dirty, especially Laila, after several days of forced feeding.  She is now eating and drinking on her own, which makes my life a lot easier, if not more normal. 

Monday evening I put them both in the tub, probably the last time it will be possible to bathe them together because neither of them can climb out of the tub.  While Clay dried them and played with them in bathroom, I swabbed out the shower stall that is their bed and put down clean bedding.  The bath got them really wound up and they are in there screaming as they play while I am in the office at my computer writing this.  The adult dogs in the household obviously know they are there, (even the neighbors may know from the sound they are making tonight), but they are just glad that the pups are confined and not bothering them. 


Syringes from all the injections given to the puppies over the past week.
Both pups are at the stage where they love to be held.

4 comments:

Lynette.lauer@gmail.com said...

I am so glad they are well, I hope to see them out maybe next month.

Maryo said...

The container of syringes really tells the tale of your extraordinary efforts to save the pups. Thanks, Brent.

BudsBuddy said...

These two are the cutest pups ever!! I bet they will be especially affectionate because of all the handling and attention they received from you and Clay.

Cynthia Viejo said...

You are a hero. You saved them and they are oh so grateful!