Friday, May 18, 2012

Upping our pack weight

Gigi is a small Dane, quite lean and slender, but still she adds close to a hundred pounds to our pack weight.  Cabell and Bremo are both about a hundred, Zachary and Trooper are both about 80.  We've fallen off a lot with the loss of Gypsy and then Molly, and I like to keep close to 500 pounds of dog in the house, so Gigi has graciously consented to join us permanently, getting our pack weight back up to a respectable level. 


She has fallen into the routine around here very nicely and seems pretty happy with it.  I've really missed having a girlfriend, and she's big enough to fill the huge void of feminine power left by Emmylou, Gypsy, and then Molly.  She's different from all of them, but she's sweet, she lets me kiss on her, and she's happy to hang out with me all day. 





In spite of the peer pressure, I held off making a final decision in case a really great home came along, and wanting to make sure that Clay and Trooper were ok with it.  But the truth is, I've been feeding this girl our dog food rather than the foster food ever since she came here.   I've been planning for her to stay all along.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Many Congrats! She's lovely. I wish we could have spent more time with her last weekend, but we had our hands full. You've been secretly wanting a Dane ever since Flirt came and went, and came again and went again LOL!

BudsBuddy said...

You little devil ...

Sally Ellison said...

I was hoping you would keep her! Happy for both of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest family member. Reading your blogs I kind of figured you would keep her. I kept hoping!!! I'm so glad she is going to stay with you. I think she is too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Finally a person that puts some real work into a blog. I do like what you have done with the blog.