Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New faces

I've got a good group of foster dogs right now and because of that I haven't been too aggressive about trying to move them.  The last few weekends haven't been great for adoption events either.


I've had a couple inquiries about Daisy, one that I liked but haven't heard back from, and one that really wants her badly, if I'll waive the adoption fee (because he's a "wounded warrior" on a limited income).  Now, I'll waive an adoption fee in many cases, particularly if the dog has medical problems that will be costly down the road.  But when I'm asked to waive the adoption fee on a young, healthy dog (and I wasn't really asked anything else about the dog), that tells me that they simply can't afford the dog.  No deal. 


But I need to work on moving some of these dogs (Daisy, Dixie, Gigi, and/or Hank being my top prospects), because I've got more coming in.  Rex is going to move to another foster home this coming Sunday, and that will be good for him and will help me out as well. 


The puppies (Dog help me), are Pyr/Golden/Lab mixes.  Mom was a golden/lab cross and the dad was likely a Pyrennees, judging from the size and look of the pups, and from the fact that the other paternal possibilities were a hound and an aussie. 


Toby is a senior shepherd mix that I'm taking in because he's a nice guy who's had a few bad breaks and I'm a soft touch. 


I was contacted about the rottie and need to get back in touch and make arrangements to meet him.  Isn't he handsome? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The older shepherd is handsome and those puppies are SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! You are going to have your hands full!! Looks like more gorgeous dogdies are on their way to you! I melted looking at those pups!!

BudsBuddy said...

I agree that folks who can't afford the adoption fee can't afford the dog ... OMG those pups are cute and what a great-sounding mix. The energy and playfulness of a lab tempered with the docile and protective nature of a pyr. Very handsome rottie.

Cathy L said...

If I were ready yet and in a situation to manage a puppy I'd snap one of them up in a skinny minute!