Thursday, May 17, 2012

Catching up


It's been one of those weeks.  In a vain attempt at being a corporate suck up, I volunteered for a project at work that I should have stayed out of.  It drastically upset my routine, increased my stress level and stomach acid, and eliminated my time for anything else this week.  Hopefully that is abating, at least a bit, and I've learned my lesson, never volunteer for anything, ever. 


I haven't had time for blogging this week, and besides, I left my camera somewhere last weekend and got it back just today so I haven't taken any new pictures.




It's been a quiet week, dog-wise, as quiet as possible around here anyway. 

Someone came out to meet Daisy yesterday that will be adopting her just before Memorial Day.  They've got a two year old male yellow lab, an older female, no kids, and about 10 acres of property with pond, field, and stream.  She should be very happy there.


Someone is coming out Saturday to see the puppies, and I have a couple other interested parties as well. 

Max got returned to me suddenly yesterday, with no notice.  One hysterical phone call and he was on his way here.  He's the big red and black shepherd that went into the home with the small dog.  No problem with the small dog, but I think that one of the adults in the home was never comfortable with having a large dog.  If I had to guess, and I do, I would say it's a case of a large dog phobia.  Max is not a difficult dog from anything I've seen, although he does have the habit of jumping up into one's face.  That can be rather off-putting to small dog people, and subject to misinterpretation.  I moved him in with Dixie, no problems, and brought him in to a crate last night.  I even put Gypsy Jr. together with them in the large kennel during the day.  No more adoptions to small dog people, or any couple where both parties are not on board. 



I went to meet this rottweiler dog today.  His name is Raddicks, don't ask me why.  He's a sweet boy, although I need another foster like I need a hole in my head.  I have a foster home lined up for him though, and I think he will fit in well there.  The only bad thing about him that I could see is that he's nine years old and probably has limited adoption prospects because of that.  He sure doesn't look or act like an old guy though.  He was so happy to be out of his pen and on the green grass today.


Rex hasn't eaten much since he came back from Gainesville on Sunday.  He's fine with the tail chasing when he's indoors and things are calm.  I may back off on the Prozac, in case that's upsetting his system or he's too zombied out to eat.  I guess I'll call the vet before mucking with his medication.  They just love to hear from me on Fridays. 


I picked up Nero's ashes today, courtesy of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA cremation service.  I'd encourage everyone to use them.  It's a good service and it goes to a good cause. 


I got in a little pasture mowing Thursday evening, along with a big romp with Radley, Lana, Vince, Hank, and Daisy.  A good time was had by all. 


Gigi came into the bedroom yesterday for the first time and laid with me on the bed for a while in the afternoon.  I brought her dog bed into the bedroom last night.  None of the boys will sleep on the floor on my side of the bed because I often get up and down a few times before finally going to sleep.  But Gigi curled up on the dog bed next to me and didn't move until morning.  Trooper is more than a little jealous and we need to work that out.  (Trooper will have to get over it.) 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love that rottie! What a cutie! and it sounds like Gigi was very happy to be in the bedroom with her person :)

BudsBuddy said...

Very handsome rott, I can't imagine giving him up after 9 years! Dogspeed to him.

Anonymous said...

That is a big handsome Rotti. What a nice face!