Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More running dogs

Hank and Daisy
Spring days with green grass, yellow wildflowers, and decent temperatures are fleeting, so we took advantage of a nice afternoon with more mowing and pasture romping.  Today I took the two bully dogs, Lana and Radley, in place of Dixie and Gigi.  I'm reluctant to mix Dixie and Lana except at night when they are crated next to each other.  Gigi spent the morning outside and seemed like she wanted to stay indoors this afternoon.  Daisy and Hank came along of course, and had to show Radley and Lana what pasture time was all about.  They caught on quickly and they all had a good time. 

I got Hank, Lana, and Radley back in but Daisy refuses to come to me when I'm trying to put her someplace so she did a second romp with Cabell, Bremo, and Zachary.  Those three like to get out there and kick up their heels, but the old guys don't run as fast or as far and long as the young ones like Daisy and Hank. 

I had a couple email inquiries about Daisy today.  One I liked pretty well and the other not so much.  I still need to work on photos and write ups for the web for several of the fosters.  I have two ready to come in and would like to keep the numbers constant or even dropping around here.  Rex has a new foster home to move to next weekend. 



Radley


Daisy


We've taken to calling Radley the Cow Dog because of his spots
Lana, Daisy, Hank
x


Lana, Daisy, Hank, and Radley

I started digging a hole because I needed some fill dirt elsewhere,
 and Hank joined in the effort.
Lana and Daisy didn't stop to smell the flowers,
well, maybe at first, but then they ate them.
y


























Zachary, wet from laying in the water tank

This is our lower pasture, our property ends at the fence, the woods beyond belong to neighbors.
You can see Cabell moving along the fence.  His tail can always be spotted above the tall grass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's obvious how happy these guys and gals are living with you! That Hank is so adorable! He looks to have a great personality!