Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Final snow pics?

I like this pic as an illustration of how Maya
uses her tail. She doesn't just signal with it,
it's also used for touch.
The title of this post may be a little early and optimistic. Last year we had several big snow storms in March, but the time changes this weekend, which makes me think it must be time for Spring. I'm sick of snow and if Fluvanna kids don't go back to school soon, they will graduate as ignorant and illiterate as many of their parents.

Of all our dogs, foster or otherwise,
Ochie is best equipped for the snow.


I've been away from blogging and hiking for the past few days because of the weather and some other things on my plate, but this morning when I saw all the play in the dog yard I went out with my camera for some pictures.

If there's anything good I can say about the snow, it's that Maya has been more inclined to stay in the dog yard and play with the boys in the mornings. When she does climb the fence and go off by herself, she doesn't stay away for very long. Trooper was out in the dog yard this morning too, but didn't manage to make it in any of the pictures. He isn't so enthused about the snow and really wants to come inside. I brought him and Maya in right after taking these pictures. They all come in at night.


Max and Ochie.  Max actually engages in play with other dogs in the mornings.
Sometimes he just chases his tail because he's excited and doesn't know what else to do,
but sometimes he actually interacts and seems almost normal for brief periods.









Maya and Charlie

Maya, Charlie, Max, and Ochie

Maya is definitely the play leader, it all
revolves around her most of the time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy dogs playing the snow made my day!