Saturday, March 15, 2014

Handoff, Meet & Greet, Brew

I drove up to Culpeper this morning to meet the woman who is going to foster Roxie. She has fostered many dogs for me in the past and always finds them great homes. She wants to take Trinity, and she will after she's spayed, and I expect she will have Roxie adopted by that time. 
Roxie is a great girl and she will blossom in her new foster home. She's smart, alert, well-trained, and good with other dogs. I didn't do much with her while she was here since she was only going to be here a couple days, but she had taken up residence on the dog bed under my work computer and was quite content there. She will make someone a great dog. 


After dropping off Roxie, I drove down Rt. 29 into Charlottesville to meet someone who wanted to meet Charlie.

That didn't work out but I think it's for the best. I'm not sure what they were looking for but apparently he wasn't it and I don't think they were right for Charlie either.  He was very good, it's time I started working on a placement for him.














Vince is the only dog we allow
to run about outside the fence.
He's not interested in going
anyplace.
Vince is always willing to help out.
While I was away, Clay started a new brew. This one is a copycat beer, an imitation of a beer produced by Wadworth in England called 6X. We've toured their brewery a couple times and 6X is their best selling beer. I'm not sure what we'll call our knockoff version.

It was a great day to be outside.
















No comments: