Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Juggling shepherds

I brought Trinity back home from the adoption event last Sunday so I could get her spayed here, where one vet's office has already figured out how to cope with her, and where it's less expensive for the rescue. But I couldn't get a spay appointment until early April. Meanwhile, I was contacted by one of my regulars about an owner surrender out his way. It's one I had put off a couple weeks ago, but the woman is going in for surgery soon and needs to get the dog moved out before that.

Roxey is a two year old female, still very much a pup, strong and without leash manners. However, she's  house-trained, crate-trained, spayed, and up to date on vaccines, with documentation, which doesn't often happen. She's coming tomorrow, Wednesday, so we'll be plus one for a few days. The foster home lined up for Trinity will still take her, or perhaps moving this new one would make more sense because she should be available immediately and seems pretty adoptable.

I'm going to meet someone who is interested in Charlie on Saturday too. I really need to move some out if they are going to keep coming in.




No comments: