Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Trinity and Maya

Trinity is the shy, man-hating, pretty, little shepherd girl I took in a while back. She's staying here until she's spayed and then will move to another foster home unless she's adopted first. She's still quite shy but she's making progress. In the past several days she has really begun to come out of her shell, at least far enough out to play with Maya.


She's still great being crated and she's good indoors. She hasn't had much outdoor time because I won't take her to the dog yard while she's still so scared of me. Consequently, she does her playing indoors. She's young, plays pretty rough, and Maya has gotten after her a couple times but they seem to have worked things out on their own. The couple times that Maya went after her (fight broke out during play), I just let her handle it, and she did. I think it was just a matter of Trinity playing too rough, using her teeth too much. The last couple of days they've played nicely (well, roughly but without fighting).


Trinity is still thin but she's eating well and I think she's probably beginning to put on some weight. She's still very skittish, but she does approach me now on her own, from behind, and I can reach out and pet her if I'm calm, slow, and quiet. At least she will look at me know without freaking out and running away.


Trooper is doing well today. He is probably happy that Trinity engages Maya in play so she will leave him alone, but they still manage to do it on top of him far too often. He's incredibly patient and good natured with them both. Trooper stock continues to climb and Maya's is on the rise now too since she's helping out with Trinity.
















2 comments:

Anna said...

oh she is so sweet looking. I hope she gets a good, patient home. The picture with the teeth hanging out was pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I love these pics! I'm so glad Trooper is on the mend!