Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ochie and Trinity

Sunday was an adoption event up in Gainesville. My van is under the weather currently so I took Clay's car, which pretty much limits me to taking two dogs.

Ochie loves to go anywhere and he enjoys the event. He's got a case of diarrhea right now, but I didn't feed him this morning and he made the trip without incident. He met a couple who really liked them, the husband particularly, crazy wild energy and all. They are former husky owners, which explains a lot. They just submitted their application today, and the wife wasn't totally sold on him, but they will talk about it and we will see. It was encouraging anyway.

Trinity is still very skittish, but it's not like some dogs' fear. She doesn't tuck her tail, she will approach people on her own terms, and she's extremely curious about everything. She lacks confidence and experience. She continues to be better with women than men. The foster home I had lined up for her will take her, but I brought her back home so I can get her spayed here. The vet visit was so tough that I would rather she go through that with people who have done it with her before. It was probably a mistake taking her in the day after I got her, I should have waited until she trusted me at least. She did keep an eye out for me today, looking for her ride home, and on the way home I got her to "touch" my hand with her nose repeatedly, so we are making a little progress at least. I also didn't quite want to let her go while she was still so scared. My goodness, she is pretty.







No comments: