Friday, March 7, 2014

Three trips with Trinity

First we had a vet appointment this morning. She wasn't easy to vet, mostly because she didn't want to be handled or restrained, particularly by a man she didn't know. A female vet and techs were finally able to accomplish the vaccines and a heartworm test (negative!) by steadily feeding her treats at one end and doing everything else at the other end.











Our second stop of the day was to visit Clay's mother who has been at home recovering from pneumonia after a two day stint in the hospital earlier this week. True to form, she liked Berta, whom she had never met, but she was still suspicious and distrusting of me. I'm beginning to get a complex.









I'm a big believer in leash walking as a way to gain a dog's trust, so our third stop of the day was for a short, three mile walk on the Rivanna River Trail in Charlottesville. After she relaxed a bit she enjoyed the walk, and so did I because I hadn't been out all week due to the mud, ice, and snow. I wish I could report that we became confidants after that walk, but once we were back home she reverted to being freakishly scared of me, FOR NO FUCKING REASON!
She's very slender, but also underweight.
I mixed some canned food with her dry this
morning to be sure that she would eat.
Just noticed the dark
tip on her tail, pretty.
Maddie finally came to like me and I'm sure this girl would too, eventually, but shy, scared dogs are not my forté, so I hope to move her to another foster home this weekend. A home with a woman and fewer dogs will be good for her. She's been doing very well with being crated, probably because she considers it to be a barrier from me. I'm just keeping a leash attached at all times so I can handle her when I need to. She's a nice girl, very pretty, and should have a lot of interest, but if there's a man in the household he will need to be kind, gentle, and extremely patient. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brent, my family adopted the last "Trinity" that Pat fostered. Interestingly enough, she is also not nearly a big a fan of the males in the house as she is of me, and if you took this Trinity and mini'd her down to 35lbs, you'd have my girl almost exactly. I'm sure this newest Trinity will do so well with Pat, she will find a beautiful home. :)