Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A few days in the life

The morning melee at the front door. This is just the first
batch of dogs getting up in the morning. Maya and Gigi aren't
down yet and there's four more still in the office.

Snuggling with Trooper



Sparky's goal in life seems to be to lay low,
cause no trouble, see if he can spend the
entire day indoors. I have to call him down
to eat or he wouldn't come.

If I miss a day of hiking, Maya and TJ work off their
energy by playing indoors.





I was walking one day and these two stopped and buried
their noses in the grass, sniffing something important and
they refused to move. There were no deer around so I
dropped the leash and just walked on. As soon as they
realized I was moving without them, they came along,
but it gave me a chance to get their picture from the front.


TJ's coat matches the winter foliage perfectly.


The late day sunlight on husky fur is beautiful.



"Must be close to daddy."


Maya was on the bed. Gigi wanted it.
Gigi stepped over Maya and sat down behind
her. Then she just stares at me. Maya knows
what she wants and so do I. Eventually I call
Maya over for some loving and Gigi lays down
on the bed. For having two female dogs in the
house, I'm lucky that they get along.

On Tuesday afternoon I hit the trails with
Trooper, Maya, and Gigi. 

Gigi looked nice in her yellow harness.

It was a nice day and Gigi wanted to come.
She may not have wanted to do four miles,
but she can and did without difficulty.




Every curve, every turn, every bend
on this dog is graceful.

It was actually a little warm today and Trooper
couldn't maintain a very fast pace. Maya seemed
to know, and she adjusted to his pace.




Overlooking the Rivanna River, which is pretty low right now.





No comments: