Saturday, December 30, 2017

First Winter Walk

Maya only ate once yesterday, reluctantly. She wouldn't eat this morning and she wouldn't eat when I offered the same food again this afternoon. She's been whiny all day, bitching and nagging at me incessantly. I've been bored as hell all day too, and mad at myself for wasting the day. Clay's working, I've got nothing fun to do, and was generally in a foul mood.

I knew the problem, and the solution, for both of us. Our last walk was pre-Solstice. I've been involved with Christmas crap, and Rex's adoption, and Jackie and Sparky's medical issues for the last three weeks. There hasn't been enough Maya time.

I've been trying to include her. She's gone on ride-alongs to the vet numerous times. She went to Rex's new home. I've taken her shopping and today I took her along on my trip to the dump. But car rides are hollow succor for a dog who sees herself as a great deer hunter.

It was getting late, but I grabbed Maya and we headed up to Pleasant Grove in time to get in 2.5 miles before dark. No deer were seen, but smells were sniffed and scents were followed; it's being out there that counts. My mood was improved, her's too, and she ate when we got home. I expect we will both sleep better tonight.





















No comments: