Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Life is Good

Each day she seems better and better.
I've finished my two days of work for the week. I have Thursday, Friday, the weekend, and the following Monday off. Toquima went home his morning so we are down to 11 dogs. I'm taking Rex to meet someone tomorrow, so we have a prospect of being down to 10 dogs. Best of all, Jackie is loving life again.
Theo and Toquima engaged in shepherd play.

Today was chilly but the sun was shining and the temperature was close to 40. Some very cold nights are ahead so I took the opportunity today to fill the water tanks and install the stock tank heaters to keep water open in the dog yard and two kennels for the winter. Jackie came out with me. She's pretty much inclined to follow me anywhere these days, thinking that I do interesting stuff outdoors. She sure seems to be feeling good. I was throwing the ball for Theo and she gave some indication that she might like to play ball herself. I didn't encourage that because she's not up to Theo's level of ball play, but given that she's a lab, it's not unlikely that she would have some history playing ball. She's still got a belly full of stitches, however, so I didn't encourage any running but she sure enjoyed being out there with us.
Trooper in front, playing with Theo

The wind wasn't blowing and the sun was warm so I got Gigi out with us for a while too. Life is good.



Theo is the big one on the left, Trooper in front.
You can see the tips of Toquima's ears above
Theo's butt, and that's Max on the right.

Shepherd play is often blurry. That's Toquima
on the left, Theo looks like he's swallowing
Toquima's head, and Trooper front right
standing on his hind legs.
Meanwhile, indoors, Maya and Gigi have
managed to share the bed next to my work station.




Theo

Gigi came out for a while to enjoy the sun.

Jackie even came into the dog yard today.

Trooper's sweet face.

Jackie

Gigi in front, Theo on the left, and Jackie
is following Theo with the ball.

Trooper hanging out on Playstation K9
Jackie is loving life again.


Later, back inside, Gigi has most of the bed,
but she is still sharing with Maya.

1 comment:

hammer1924 said...

Jackie is smiling for sure! She looks so sweet and, now, happy.