Saturday, December 23, 2017

We're home

The ears are a little perkier.
The after hours vet clinic had told me that they would call between 6 and 8 a.m. to let me know how Jackie had done overnight. True to their word, my phone rang about 6:30 a.m. this morning. I had been up to let Vince out but was back in bed with a cup of coffee. I jumped up to get the phone before it woke Clay and they said that Jackie was eating, drinking, urinating, and could go home any time.

That's the news I was hoping for and expecting. I got back in bed to enjoy my coffee and discovered that the "person" sleeping next to me was actually Gigi rather than Clay, who had left for work early without disturbing me. Apparently I was pretty wiped out from yesterday and was sleeping the sleep of the righteous.

I think she's looking at me more
directly now, maybe trying to figure
out what I'm going to do to her next.
Maybe it's the drugs, but she doesn't seem to
have that pained look on her face now.
Sparky had a vet appointment at 10:00 a.m., and after that we picked up Jackie and brought her home. I joined a couple of exercise pens together to wall off a corner in the kitchen instead of putting her in a crate. She seems to feel better already and I hope will just continue to improve. She's not crazy about the cone, but I caught her licking herself and I'm not taking any chances.










No comments: