Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Serena's First Walk

She's not the most shy and scared dog we've had. In fact I think she will come around pretty quickly, but it's not a straight line progression with this girl. She will warm up a bit but then get spooky again. Today was the first day she spent in the office. She was in her open crate most of the time I was working, with TJ, Maya, and Sparky laying around me. She spent some time in the AC yard with the little ones too (Coco and Colin). I'm not putting her in the dog yard or letting her run in the pasture until I'm certain that she will come to me and we aren't there yet.

We did go on a bonding walk today, however, and it went very well. I've been neglecting Maya's walks for the past week because I've been too busy, but we made it out today and took Serena along.

She was good on the walk, doesn't pull at all. In fact she walked pretty close to me much of the time, such that I could reach down and pet her on the head as we walked. I liked that, I hope she did too. She's a very pretty girl and very sweet too. I really want to give her a big hug but I haven't done so yet because I think it would scare her.








Here's one with a little bit of all three of us.


No comments: