Saturday, October 27, 2018

The Daily Dogs

Theo and Max
If you look at the blog archive, you'll see that I probably average about 20 posts per month this year. About a week agt I noticed that I've been posting every day in the month of October. I think the only other month I've had one post for each day of the month was back in April, 2012. I don't feel the need to do it every day necessarily, but with 10 or more dogs around here, there's generally no lack of material for a daily post. So I'm going to try to keep up the daily rate through the end of October.
Theo and Serena, heading in opposite directions.

Today the rain stopped so I took six dogs out to the pasture to run and play: Trooper, Theo, Cooper, Max, Serena, and Clyde. I walked instead of riding the mower today, which resulted in better pictures because I wasn't moving even if the dogs were, and most of them tended to follow me around, more or so, in a pack walk. The exception is Trooper, of course, who spent most of his time out at the front fence along the road.
The utility pole is an important meeting place.


Cooper (front left) and Serena (right corner).

Serena was quite playful out there today, but she
still didn't want to engage in Clyde's style of play.

I discovered some round worms in her the other
day and she's just finished the three day cure.
I hope she will begin to put on some weight now.




This is probably my best picture of Serena to date. You can see that
her tail is tipped in black with just a tiny bit of white at the very end.

L to R: Theo, Serena, Max, Clyde, and Cooper

Serena chasing Cooper.






I managed to lure Trooper away from the front fence to join us on part of the walk around the
pasture. He's been here for years but I bet there's parts of the pasture he's never seen.



No comments: