Friday, October 5, 2018

The Great Work Begins

Beau made his way upstairs this morning but
seemed confused about how to get down.


I don't like the idea of living for the weekend, enduring five days of your life at work just to get two days you can enjoy. And my life isn't like that, thankfully, but I am glad to see the weekend upon us. It seems that it's been a particularly busy week, busy enough that I still have a couple hours of work to do on Saturday. And it's not like the weekend will be idle, nor do I want it to be, but at least I won't have more work piling up on everything else.
There's a lot of legs to get organized
and they didn't come with instructions.

It's been a busy week and today finished out the week in the same way.

And then there's the problem of getting
the front end and the back end working
together properly.

But he finally got all his parts in line.




Sparky went back to the vet today to get his
staples removed. They all got out and he was
very good about it.

The look in Sparky's eyes is why I'll do anything
for him. If all dogs know this secret, I'm in trouble.



I realized that TJ was due for a vet visit too. He came along
and got his exam and vaccines. He weighed 70 pounds,
most of it fur and attitude.

TJ is a senior dog so we did the senior blood
work on him. I got a call later in the afternoon
saying that it all looked great! He does need
to start on something for old dog pain.



I did some more mowing later in the afternoon.
Beau looked like he wanted to come over the
fence but couldn't figure out how, sort of like
the stairs this morning.
He's got really long ears.
We were talking about Beau and the fence
earlier in the week and Clay had suggested
that Beau was more likely to fall over it
than to actually climb or jump it. 

Thankfully, he doesn't try very hard.




And then this girl arrived Friday evening.
She's shy and scared and isn't crazy about men.
So of course she came here. She seems to like
music, however, so I sang to her on the way
home. She trusted me enough by the time we
got home that she let me leash her and get her
out of the van and into the house.


The crate is her safe place and she's installed
comfortably in my office for the night. 


Tomorrow the great work begins, again.

1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Those shots of Beau on the stairs! I can't get over the length of his limbs!!!