Monday, January 28, 2019

Yes, I would like Cheese with that

The bad (cheesy) jokes are going to continue for the foreseeable future, unless and until Cheese gets adopted.

I've only known and fostered two Entlebuchers, but most of their behavior seems typical of the breed. They seem to be virtual clones. Here's what I know about him so far:

- He's four years old (DOB: 12/31/14).
- He's a neutered male.
- He's house trained.
- He doesn't like or need a crate. (He was ok in it the first night, but drove me crazy the second night until I let him out. He ended up sleeping in bed with me and will again tonight, I'm sure.)
- He's dog-friendly and cat-friendly; we met a cat today and he was perfectly fine.
- He's very loyal, attached to me to the point that I can take him out off-leash in the yard. If he gets any distance away from me he comes right back when I call.
- He's cautious of strangers, doesn't like being looked at directly, but will be fine in a few minutes if you just let him check out the stranger on his own terms.
- He likes walks (two miles yesterday, two and four miles today).
- He's cute.

Contact vadogrescue@gmail.com for adoption application.





Sorry, Cheese, you're cute, but Maya only loves Trooper.



He likes a roll in the grass.











2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh god, Cheese has completely captured my heart. He looks just like my four-year old female Entle, Charlotte (aka Charlie). Charlie would LOVE a friend, and I can just see them getting along so well... However, I live with my parents (I'm in my 20s), and I doubt they would be thrilled at the suggestion of adopting a second dog. Regardless, I'll bring it up. Something about Cheese just makes me feel like I have to. In any case, I wish you and Cheese and the rest of your pack the best of luck in all of your endeavors.

Rachel said...

He seems like an amazing guy. Steph, sounds like you should consider him.