Monday, May 18, 2020

Three for three

I'm including myself, along with Della and Theo, in the three of us that hiked three miles late this afternoon. It was a much cooler day, in the 60s as opposed to the 80 degrees that we had on Sunday, but it was muggy. The water drizzled out of the sky at various times throughout the day, but mostly it just hung in the air like something warm, wet, and unpleasant that you had to brush past to get where you were going.

That face is why I call her "Della the
Indomitable." 
The good thing about a day like this is that nearly everyone else stayed home; we had the trails to ourselves. The deer knew it too. They thought they had the woods to themselves during the daylight hours for a change, and for the most part, they did. We saw several and I was very happy in my choice of dogs for this walk. Della and Theo alerted and were interested, but Maya and Serena would have dragged me for a quarter mile before they gave up the chase.
Della stopping to smell the roses.






Theo's sniffing was much closer to the ground.


They walk well together.

I do not have the patience to wait at every
spot that Theo wants to mark. Here he is
getting pulled forward.
I think this was after the deer spotting, notice
the tightly stretched leashes. I pulled Theo
back next to me to prevent a contest between
the two dogs to see who could be in the lead.


Today's three mile route.

No comments: