Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Something Done

 I haven't been out hiking in several days, mostly because the weather has been wet and cloudy. I like sunshine, even if it's cold. It was chilly out there today; there was a breeze out in the open, but the sun was shining and that warms my heart if not my ears and fingers.

I thought about doing multiple walks but didn't really get started in time for that, so I just took Maya and Della knowing that it might be my only outing for the day. Those two have a similar attitude: "As long as you take me, I don't care who else comes along." We did about 2.5 miles, not a long one, but enough to feel like we had done something. 

So here are just some Maya and Della pictures. Easier to keep track of who is who in this post anyway.



We are standing on the edge of a sunken area that is actually the foundation of some old structure.
You can see the stacked stone wall just over Della's right shoulder.


We followed the disc golf trail for a while. It's a nice walk through the woods.

I stopped and sat on a bench and experimented with the portrait mode on the new phone.



This would have been a nice one if I had gotten the tip of her nose in the picture and not my knee.




No comments: