Sunday, December 6, 2020

Zach's Adoption

We only had Zach for a couple of weeks. He was a nice and easy dog and a short-timer, so that means I'll probably forget his name. It's the long-term, pain-in-the-ass dogs that really stick in my mind. Zach will bring many happy memories to his new people as they will to him. 

I've felt kind of bad for Zach this week because he hasn't been allowed to run and play or have much fun. He got neutered last Tuesday or Wednesday and had abdominal surgery rather than a simple neuter, so I really wanted him to be healed up as much as possible. So I haven't let him outside to run and play with other dogs and he's been spending quite a bit of time in his crate. He hasn't complained about it, but I know that he's been bored and wanting more action. 

With the new Danes coming in a couple days ago I've been more focused on them and avoiding any opportunity for Zach to get hurt. He will get what he wants and needs in his new home, I'm sure, and he was in good condition going there today. 

Prior to leaving this afternoon, we discovered that Zach is a lap dog. He climbed into the chair with Clay for some boxer snuggle time. 






3 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I hope that Zach has a long and happy life with his new family.

TrishS said...

Seems like a sweetie...big dogs need laps too!!