Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Winston gets neutered

Today was Winston's neuter day. It all went well, no problems, and he's back home this evening already acting like nothing happened. It may be tough to keep him quiet for the next week. He's going to be out only in the small yard or on a leash, no running, no playing, no pasture time. 

It was also a significant day for his brother, Chase, in that it was the first time they have been apart. I took Chase out to the pasture midday along with Max, Theo, Della, and Serena. He hung around the others but didn't really interact or play with them. He has zero reaction and absolutely no response when his name is called. It really made me wonder if he's deaf and if his dependence on Winston is because he can't hear what's going on. I'll be checking this out more tomorrow. Or it could be that he can hear fine but only responds when Winston does.

Also getting checked out tomorrow will be Journey's reaction towards cats. He's got someone who is very interested in him. 

Winston didn't know what was going on of course, but he was friendly when the vet tech
met us outside and took him in for his appointment.


Midday pasture play. Serena had other balls available to her but she wanted Theo's. 

She doesn't return the ball or want me to throw it. She plays with it by herself.

I got in a few good throws with Theo while Serena was otherwise occupied. 

Winston in post-op, sleeping it off.

They told me he was very good in there today.


Chase was looking like a lost boy without Winston around today.

I could not get him to respond at all when I called his name.
Typically, I guess I call Winston and they both come together.

I'm not sure if he can't hear or didn't know he was supposed to respond without Winston being there.

He's a sweet boy though.




Max's belly isn't soaking wet like it had been, but he's still pretty well coated in mud.
He comes in at night but goes directly into a crate.


Serena plays ball by herself. You can see Della's level of interest in it.


Winston was happy to see me once he had a sniff and recognized me.


No comments: