Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Windy Romp and Walk, and the Convergence

It was a windy day. That makes dogs excited and stupid. Too much stimulation of the olfactory senses. I took eight dogs to the pasture for a romp: Theo, Max, Winston, Kismet, Malia, Buzz, Della, and Serena. That's a big space and a lot of dogs to keep track of, but everyone kind of hung together and stayed within eyesight for the most part.

Later in the afternoon I took Theo, Maya, and Dasher for a walk at Pleasant Grove. It was a two mile walk but I'm certain that the puppy, Dasher, did at least twice that. He was constantly circling around us. Theo and Maya just tried to stay out of his way although we were all attached by six foot leashes with me as the center point so that wasn't really possible. I don't normally walk three dogs at once, but I knew Maya and Theo would be easy. I knew the puppy would be wild but he's only 30 pounds so I can pick him up by the harness and toss him where he needs to be when necessary, and it was. I had pulled a muscle in my back earlier and the wild and constant movements I had to do with my arms while managing the leashes helped to stretch it out.

The sun was down by the time we were leaving the park and it was already possible to see the convergence of Saturn and Jupiter. I went home, fed the dogs, and then went back up to Pleasant Grove with a pair of binoculars to see it again after it was completely dark. 

Kismet has the most joyful romp of any dog we have.

Winston (left) and Serena (right)

Winston is a handsome dog.

Malia is a pretty rottie girl and she seems very sweet.

Winston (front) and Kismet

Left to Right: Theo, Malia, Kismet, and Winston


Malia, rolling on her back at my feet, wanting belly rubs.

Sweet Serena

Buzz Lightyear, he was a wildman in the pasture.

Buzz wanted to challenge Theo for the ball. That was not his best idea.

Malia, Buzz, and Theo

Theo got tired of Buzz's bullshit.

Della is simply stunning. Or is it just me?


Buzz got his butt kicked. Hope he learned something.

Buzz, Kismet, and Malia

Kismet and Malia

Kismet and Winston

Kismet and Max

Max

Max and Kismet

The sky was pretty today.

Serena

Serena, Della, Malia, and Kismet

Della and Kismet

Dasher and Theo on our walk


Dasher, Maya, and Theo

Dasher








Not a great picture of the Jupiter/Saturn convergence, 
but I'm including it so I'll remember that I saw it.


No comments: