Sunday, August 15, 2021

Leroy's adoption day

Leroy went to his new home Saturday afternoon. His adopters had been at the beach for the past week but got up extra early and left in time to get to Green Dogs at 3:00 p.m. for Leroy. The afternoon thunderstorms were upon us and we were getting some thunder but completed the adoption and everyone was headed home just before the rain hit. 

Leroy was drooling with anxiety, I'm not sure how much was due to the impending storm, the car ride, or knowing that his life was being changed again. I really liked this dog and he was really trying to bond with me. I have been very busy with work and the puppies so I didn't spend the time with him that I should have, but I think that subconsciously that may have been on purpose. Leroy was one of those dogs that I could have fallen for and found very hard to give up. But I knew we didn't really need another dog, Leroy was very adoptable, and I'm not sure that a vocal hound with a propensity to roam was really a good fit for our home. 

His new adopters have always had hounds, bassets primarily, and they love them. They had been without a dog for the past two months for the first time in 30 years, so I know Leroy is going to be getting a lot of attention. One of them works from home and they have a high fence around most of their yard, with plans to raise the one section that is shorter. Better yet, they want to get a second dog, and I know Leroy would enjoy having a playmate.

So it's a great home for Leroy and I'm very happy for him.










Leroy's foster tags, ready for the next dog.


2 comments:

JOANNE WYNN said...

They must be nice people if they have Bassets. Bassets are not always easy but always fun, especially when they sing together!

Byron's Mom said...

So happy for Leroy and his new life!