Thursday, August 12, 2021

Lexie and Leroy

I've kept Lexie apart from the puppies this week so her milk will dry up and to prevent her from consuming the abundant supply of puppy poop. She's been hanging out with Leroy in Daneland during the days. It's shady and pretty decent out there, and they actually play with each other! I haven't been able to get a lot of pictures of them playing because whenever I go out there with a camera they stop and focus on me. 

I haven't been giving Leroy the attention he deserves either, but that's a complaint he shares with all the dogs around here as long as we have puppies. He's been good with Lexie though, and they both come indoors in the evenings. I have been thinking of taking the two of them on a walk together, but I'm pretty sure Leroy would be a wild man and I'd end up with higher blood pressure instead of lower. Erika has found a potential placement for him anyway and they are coming to meet him on Sunday.

The puppies are seven weeks old today. After they are eight weeks they will be speutered and then start going to their new homes. I'd like to say there is a line of folks waiting for Lexie, but that isn't the case. But she is still a few weeks away from being able to be spayed so we've got time yet. 

Lexie and Leroy play in the office in the evenings, and Maya feels like she should join in.






Lexie can go from play to bitch mode in a split second if she decides he's taken it too far
or if she just wants to stop. She's never hurt him though, nor even nicked those long silky ears.





No comments: