Sunday, August 21, 2022

New Saint Bernard

It wasn't the ideal day for a new foster. I did get her home before the rain started, but just barely. She started out indoors then, but she had Olivia as a playmate and Olivia kept her busy. After the daily deluge I moved them both out to Daneland for the rest of the day where they played and got wet and muddy. 

She came from southwest Virginia along with her sister to another rescue. The rescue that had them both thought it advisable to split them up so this one was transferred to Green Dogs and came here as a foster today. I'm only using pronouns for her so far because she doesn't have a name that she knows. That leaves the naming up to me and it sometimes takes me a while unless Clay comes up with something inspiring. 

I was told that she likes all dogs, big and small, and that certainly seems to be true. In spite of the size difference I just knew that Olivia would be the perfect playmate for her because she's got the energy and playfulness in sufficient amounts to make up for what she lacks in size. She's about 11 months old, just about Olivia's age too. Olivia liked her immediately and soon had her engaged in play. The light wasn't good enough to get very good pictures in my office today and I didn't follow them around outdoors later on. There will be plenty of better pictures in days to come. She seems very sweet.

We've had three foster saints according to a quick search of blog posts: Lily, Nora, and Henry. None of them were here very long. I didn't really remember any of their names until I looked them up. I can't imagine that this girl will be around for long either.

Welcome Saint X.