Thursday, August 25, 2022

All the feels

My Facebook memories have been full of Della's puppies recently. We are coming up on the third anniversary of when they started going to their new homes so I've been seeing lots of puppy adoption pictures. 

It was all about helping one dog, Della.*

Instead of trying to say anything new, I'll take the easy way out and just share some of my blog posts from three years ago.

Here's the Summer of puppies posts, parts 1 and 2:



Here's Della's adoption post:


The big group picture:


My melancholy musings:


More departures:



Empty nest and empty bottles:


And some final memories from that summer:


We've had puppies since, and I've loved them all, and it's entirely possible that we'll have more in the future, but this was a special time that I will always treasure.

*Okay, I said I wasn't going to say anything new, but I can't help myself. I got to thinking after writing the caption to the picture. We set out to help one dog, Della. It turned out that Della was actually 13 dogs in one and that foster experience took us to new places where we met new people and had many new experiences. That case was a bit extreme but every foster experience is like that. You help one dog and you never know how it will end up and what you will go through in the process. It's not all wonderful and some of it smells bad, but it's never boring.

1 comment:

Scott Rothe said...

I seem to remember you growing up in a single-dog household (as did I). Our poodle/spitz (1967 - 198?) had two litters of puppies which provided me with a HECK of a lot more sex education than I ever got out of my prudish parents.