Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Pasture trail walk

It was a hot, humid, windless evening. I wasn't really feeling like hiking and didn't have enough daylight anyway. I had taken Della along on a ride to town when we picked up Charlotte from her spay, but I needed to give her some actual exercise as well. 

I let Olivia and Adelaide out of Daneland and they ran around the front yard along with Maya, Della, and Max. Olivia doesn't ever walk, that dog is always moving at a full tilt pace. I put Maya back in the house and then took the remaining four out to the pasture. That was the last I saw of Della until we came back in. She goes off and does her bunny hunting and I rarely see her. I walked about a half mile's worth of trails around the pasture while the others ran with me, more or less. Olivia darted back and forth at full speed. She probably covered more distance than the rest of us combined. Max always stays fairly near me and is nearly always in sight. 

Adelaide ran with Olivia part of the time, with Max part of the time, and sometimes she walked right along beside me. I think she would be great one to hike with; Olivia, not so much but she might be good for mountain biker or horseback rider. I can also see Olivia as an all around farm dog. She would love to ride an ATV or more likely run along with it. 

I came back through the pasture gate with Adelaide and Max, and it wasn't long before Della and Olivia showed up too. 

My flowers are past their prime, but the shade garden still looks pretty good behind Olivia.



















No comments: