Monday, August 15, 2022

The carnival is back in town

Saturday I took Della up to Pleasant Grove for a walk only discover that the place was closed for a bike race. I had seen a notice about it earlier in the week but had completely forgotten. Della was disappointed but at least we spent the day outdoors as I was doing yard work and such, and again on Sunday. It rained again today, of course, but it had stopped by evening so I took Della out for a walk. 

The bike race was gone but had been replaced by a carnival that was in the process of setting up. Della was quite interested in the unusual activity in her park, and was especially interested when we saw a big white dog riding in a John Deere Gator back where the carnies' RVs were parked.

We did a little more than the usual two miles because I was listening to an album that I wanted to finish. The days are definitely getting shorter but we got back to the van before it was completely dark, although I used the headlights driving home. 



Della was keeping an eye on the big white dog.

She wasn't sure what she thought about all this activity in her park.
It had scared off all the park bunnies; we didn't see any this evening.


Just to Della's left, you'll see a jet ski. I'm not sure how it fits into the carnival.

She was curious, probably had never seen a sad little carnival before.


Two of the best songs from tonight's hiking soundtrack:




No comments: