Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A temporary foster Dane

The lovely Quinly is with us temporarily while her foster mom is out of town. She is a sweet and beautiful young Great Dane. She's a little more than three months old so she's an age and size that we haven't had around here. Quinly arrived late afternoon which was perfect for her to spend some time in the a/c yard, which is shaded at that time. She could observe the other fosters from a distance. Della and Maya had to meet her, of course, and they were fine with her. She came in the house and sat with Clay while Della and I were off on our evening walk. I let her meet the Saint Bernard, Adelaide, later in the evening and then crated them both side-by-side in the kitchen for the night.





Della and I have been needing a walk and we finally got out in time to finish the two miles at the park just before dark. We took Adelaide along because Adelaide had me up several times for a total of several hours last night because she hadn't had enough activity during the day. I had her out in the Daneland all day with Olivia and Paisley today, and then the walk this evening with Della. All of that and being next to the new puppy I hope will keep her quiet tonight. 

It was the first time I had walked Adelaide. I used a rope harness on her like I use on Della. She was not bad on the leash at all - no pulling, thank goodness.


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking such good care of Paisley. I’m glad she is healing well.

Anonymous said...

Is Q a greendogs girl? What happened to her tail?