Tuesday, August 2, 2022

After the daily deluge

 We don't seem to be able to get past 24 hours without rain. It's getting ridiculous and the grass is getting out of hand. I thought we were going to make it today and perhaps I'd be able to start mowing tomorrow, but then we had our afternoon downpour, raising the humidity back to stupid levels. I'm not a fan of summer in the south. I don't want to speed time along, but I'm ready for fall weather.

Weather rant aside, we welcomed Olivia (Livvy) today. She's a 10 month old shepherd/elkhound mix. Her owners moved and left her behind in a 10x10 kennel. Thankfully, a good Samaritan neighbor took care of her and eventually she got to Green Dogs where I picked her up and brought her home. She's cute, sweet, and petite, maybe 40 pounds soaking wet, and she needs even more brushing than she got today.

Della went along with me to pick her up, because Della likes to go. They got acquainted on the way home but the little girl was in a crate. No problem when we got home though. She met everyone and I put her out in Daneland with Odie for the afternoon. She is young enough to keep him busy and hopefully they will both be tired tonight.




Meeting Odie

These next five pictures are from Erika.





This evening Della and I went for a quick two mile walk at Pleasant Grove.






Livvy will fit right in because it's shedding season around here.
This was from just my first brushing of Max.


No comments: