Sunday, July 31, 2022

Weekend wrap up

 First things first. Kilo had a good first day in his new home. He also proved, once again, how smart he is. They went for a two mile walk and Kilo relaxed and really enjoyed it halfway through. At night, he objected to sleeping in a crate (although he had been doing so here for weeks without objection). He then settled down on a dog bed next to his new dad's bed. Establishing how things would be in his new home, to his liking. Smart dog.


Kilo loves his toys, even if they don't last very long.


I spent Saturday afternoon, evening, and Sunday morning putting together a 4'x6' trailer that I had bought as a kit. It came in three boxes and I spent the weekend deciphering the directions and putting it together with varying degrees of "help" from Della, Maya, Paisley, Max, and Odie. It was good experience for Odie especially, who has learned that all the girl dogs have rules for him to follow. With Kilo gone, he's going to be spending his time with the indoor pack now. His house manners have been good really, but he's having trouble with all Della's rules.

Della hanging out near where I was working.

Paisley really enjoyed being outside with everyone.

Paisley often tries to herd Odie, or just run him off.

Della often lays in the back of the van that I leave open when outside working.
Odie wanted to join her in there.

Della explained that it was her spot and there was only room for one dog.

He finally got the message and moved on.


This is my new trailer that I will pull behind a mower and use when doing yard work.
I still have limbs from the winter storm to cut and clean up.


I know that many readers remember my mother's pug, Jake, who went to live with one of my sisters in Montana after my mother's death. He has adjusted remarkably well. He's a senior now himself and his rear legs don't work as well as they used to, but he still goes about his business and enjoys walks. Their family went on a float trip this weekend and took Jake along. He reportedly had a great time. He has had a lot of new adventures since moving to Montana.



My sister Paula, with Jake


1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Love seeing your pupdates on Jake!