Thursday, July 28, 2022

Catching up, and Otto arrives

I have been crazy busy with work this week with little time for anything else. So I haven't had time to blog and also haven't had much to blog about. 

Maya got her staples out on Tuesday. I had planned to take her on a celebratory walk, but haven't had a chance between work and the weather.

I've been working on cleaning out the van because the smell was so bad it was even offending me. That old accumulated dog hair and dust really gets bad after a while. I got the crates out and finally got the inside vacuumed and the mat scrubbed, so it's ready to put back together if I get a chance before it rains again tomorrow.

The big news is the arrival of Otto, a chocolate lab, who came this afternoon. He's got a lot of dead, sunburned fur on him that needs to be removed, but he seems like a really nice dog. He's still intact of course, but I put him out in the Daneland with Kilo and Odin and the three of them got along fine this afternoon. Otto (new name) was an owner surrender to an overfull local shelter. He had been there a while and was really stressing out. He needed out today. Someone else may foster him, but for right now he's here.



Maya has a lot of anxiety at the vet. She was shaking so hard that the scale never did settle on a number.

She was happy to see me when they brought her back out. Her incisions have healed pretty much and she's now without staples. 

The back of the van was completely empty but I put a bed right behind the driver's seat and Maya laid down on it, happy to be heading home. 

Otto is chunky! He's big boned, solid, short, hunky, with big paws. From the looks of his coat he had probably been kept outdoors and I'm not sure he's had a lot of human interaction. But he's a lab. He's seems to have a good disposition and he handled himself very appropriately with Odin and Kilo. 




I walked him up to the Daneland fence where Kilo and Odin were. They did a lot of stupid boy barking through the fence at first. I didn't have time for that so I just walked him in through the shed and let them all get acquainted. No one wanted to fight and they were soon all running around together. 






Otto found the water trough. Between him and Odin I'll be needing to fill it daily.

And these last pics are Paisley, Maya, and Della hanging out while I was cleaning out the van.



Della isn't happy that I've been too busy with work to take her out hiking. But the weekend is upon us so I'll try to make it up to her.


No comments: