Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Twilight walk with Della and Paisley

It was a nice evening for a walk. Everyone was pretty much gone from Pleasant Grove by the time we arrived. The only people still there when we left were stargazers set up in the open field hoping to see the planetary alignment I suspect. 

Maya wasn't happy that I left without her, but she just had surgery and is still in the cone. I thought about taking Kilo along with Della but I thought that might result in a pulling competition between those two. I took Paisley. It was her first time out and the jury is still out on whether it will be her last.


We started out good. Both girls were in front but not pulling, everyone happy to be out.

Della modeled ideal walking behavior throughout, often right next to me,
never pulling, didn't even react when we spotted park bunnies and deer.




Then Paisley decided that she needed to be as far away from me as possible, pulling to the side such that I found myself dragging her forward as she fought to pull away from me. That really annoyed me and of course she sensed that. 


I finally decided to tether her to Della rather than hold her leash myself. That helped quite a bit.



Being on the trails in the woods also helped a lot, as opposed to walking along the roadway in open territory. 




Things went along pretty well for a while with Della in front, me in the middle, and Paisley behind. 















No comments: