Friday, July 22, 2022

Progress with Paisley

This is just a dump from my camera of pictures taken over the past few days that I haven't already used. They do, however, so some of the progress that Paisley has made recently. 

You'll see that in some pictures she's still attached to a long red line that she drags around behind her outdoors. The reason for this is that she wouldn't come inside with me and the dogs when the time came. I had no chance of catching her off leash, but she would never run off very far so I could always manage to put my foot on some part of the 20' line. Once I had the leash in my hands, she would happily come along with me inside.

I think that last walk I did with Paisley and Della really broke some new ground with her in terms of trust. The other day I let her outside along with Della, Max, and Maya, without the long line. She stuck around and followed me right back inside with the others. I did it again this morning at feeding time and that was easy, she followed me and her food dish back to the house and out to the a/c yard where she eats. I took her out with the others midday when I went out to water and she ran around and had a great time. She was actually playing, which I've never seen before. Not with the other dogs, but running circles around me and even letting me splash her with the water. That's a side of Paisley I had never seen and it was a nice one. Is she fixed? Problem solved? No, but she has learned to trust one man once again. 




This was a few days ago before Maya chewed up the thunder shirt I had on her to keep her from licking the incisions from her surgery. She's telling me that she wants me back upstairs now. 

Maya, Della, and Max

Della trying to get a drink from my lotus flower water garden.


Odin is a good looking dog, but who doesn't look better with a garden in the background?

This is my newest water garden. Needs plants.


Max, with Odin and Kilo playing


Paisley, leash-free (still in fenced yard of course)


My little girl, coming to tell me something.

Paisley has taken on the role of guardian and alert dog.
She wants to be helpful. Reminds me a lot of Vince.

Maya and had laying in the shade near Della, but as I finished watering she got up to come tell me that they were ready to go back inside.

This evening's two mile walk; with just Della this time.

The great oak at Pleasant Grove




We saw several park bunnies and this deer.

Sunsets are always different but they are all beautiful.


And here's Paisley enjoying a little off-leash run:




No comments: