Monday, November 7, 2022

Della and son

Sunday was a wet day but it didn't rain all that much, mostly it was just cloudy, damp, and looked like rain. I took Della and Killian out for a walk about mid-afternoon, and that is when it finally rained. We got about a mile and a half in before it started, but once it started it rained pretty hard. I cut the hike short and got back to the van before we got to two miles, but was pretty well drenched. The Danes have a short coat and can shake most of the water off. Neither of them really like getting wet, but we all survived.

Monday was a brighter day, although still far too warm for November. I took Della and her boy out again and this time we got in 2.5 miles. These two walk very well together and they certainly make for a striking and well-matched pair of dogs. Killian is very keen on squirrels and Della picked up on that and joined in that interest. Although they were easy to walk, I did have to keep a firm hand on the leashes because one or both of them would startle and bolt when they spotted a squirrel. This is the time when squirrels are busy gathering food for the winter so we saw a lot of them.

Sunday's hike:









Monday's hike:


Della

Killian



Squirrel spotting






Erika was wanting me to take a selfie with Killian. 
Only my hand made it into the shot. It was my best attempt.








No comments: