Monday, November 14, 2022

Reyna

Friday was Reese's adoption and she's doing great in her new home. Saturday it was Reyna's turn. I don't know why, but some dogs I like to take to their new home myself, rather than have them come here. I almost always do with Rottweilers and most of the time with German Shepherd Dogs. I guess I feel extra protective for them, but I want to see for myself where they are going. 

Reyna's folks were in Henrico county, just a bit south and east of Richmond. She and I headed over there Saturday morning after first stopping at Green Dogs so she could be microchipped. 

It was a nice place, and nice people, both of them immediately took to Reyna. She liked them well enough too, but she was still my dog. I warned them about all the white fur in their future, on their furniture, floors, and clothing. But for being a female shepherd, Reyna really didn't come with a lot of warnings. She's a nice agreeable girl, happy to meet new people and even new dogs. I felt good about it all and we completed the adoption. I disappeared out the door while she was distracted and slipped quietly out of her life so she could begin her new one.

I emailed them today because I worry and they said she was doing fine and sent pics that proved it.

Reyna is a lovely girl and they are about to learn just how loyal and devoted a dog can be.



It looks like they went out the same day and got her a nice big bed and blankets.

Just as she had done with my friend Linda, 
she staked her claim to bed privileges on the first day too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for her. What a sweet girl.

Risa Lapidow said...

Lucky Reyna. I hope she has a long and happy life with her new family.