Thursday, November 17, 2022

Puppy walk

I don't know what possessed me to take two puppies on a walk today. It wasn't pretty. These pictures are fraudulent. They show two happy pups, Twizzler and Kash, walking with me today. They don't show any hint of the monumental struggle, the profanity, or their many attempts to kill me. We only did two miles, but it felt like 40. It was supposed to be a walk, but I often felt like a horse pulling a plow or one of those crazy cross fit people out for a run while carrying extra weight on their back or shoulders. Twizzler would walk a bit and then drop to the ground as dead weight. That's all right, I needed the exercise, and I know my arms and shoulders will be sore tomorrow. 


If Kash learned anything on his walk with Maya yesterday, it wasn't apparent today.

Here's Twizzler walking nicely. That's bullshit. He was about to cut behind me or go through my legs to try to trip me with the leash.





It would have been so nice if they had been out in front all the way, pulling me as hard as they wanted. But instead they pulled me in several different directions at once and made me pull them forward.

Here they are plotting something, scheming a way to trip me.

Kash had his leash, or Twizzlers, in his mouth much of the time.




Don't fall for those innocent looking puppy dog eyes.




A passing jogger terrified Twizzler so he dropped and flattened himself to the ground. This was past the halfway point and I was too tired to drag him so we waited for the runner to pass.





1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

I needed this giggle... These pics are fraudulent! HAHAHA I'm sorry though as I know I would have been wiped out after that puppy walk!