Friday, November 18, 2022

Improved puppy walk

It was 100% improved just by virtue of the fact that I left Twizzler at home and just walked Kash. And the Gentle Leader in place of the harness was another 100% improvement. I picked up a small Gentle Leader from Erika today, but I think it was too small so I used Della's, which worked, but left a lot of excess strap hanging. I tried it on him at home first, and he fought it as I expected. What I didn't expect is how little he fought it once we got to the park and I put it on him again for our walk. He fussed with it occasionally throughout our two mile walk, but not nearly as much as I expected. 

As exhausted as I was yesterday I expected by arms and back to be hurting bad today. I could feel the after effects for sure, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Today's walk was almost stress free, a stark contrast to yesterday's ordeal. 

I started out with a second leash on his collar, just in case, but it removed it once
I saw he wasn't really going to fight to remove the Gentle Leader.



He looks like he still might be planning to trip me here.

But now he looks pretty sweet and accepting.



Now we're just showing off those big donkey ears.




His ears form a nice straight line up from the neck.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brent, we used a gentle leader on Marty (Hardy)but just switched to a harness called Walk Your Dog With Love harness. Expensive but worth it. It is very easy to put on, no noose around the nose , front lead hook only, and does not pull head to the side. By the way , poor Marty detached his CCL had surgery this past week. 8-12 week recovery. Bless you for all the work you do with the large breed rescues!