Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Pupdate

Just a quick update on the shepherd mom and her pups. They settled in nicely yesterday evening, both mom and the puppies ate very well. I fed mom outside and gave the puppies a big dish of puppy food, a couple tablespoons of milk powder, and a lot of warm water to soften the dry food. I watched mom and the pups on my security cam throughout the evening and sometimes she was laying down with them, sometimes she was laying by herself. Everyone seemed to have a good night.

But here's the news on the shepherd family - I don't have them any more. I had offered to take them in for DDB (Dogs Deserve Better) so they could get them out of the cold as soon as possible without having a pre-arranged foster for them. They have a commitment for another rescue in a couple of weeks, but they needed a place to land. However, they also found a temporary, two-week foster after posting their pictures and story last night. The woman drove out this afternoon and took them home, but not before Erika came over and we dosed them all with strongid as a de-wormer. 

It's a good thing. She's got a great setup for mom and the pups and more time than I do to devote to them right now. The mother dog is a trusting soul and went along with the transfer without any difficulty. Although the move here was a big improvement in their quality of life, their new accommodations will be even better. I would have kept them for the next two weeks if needed, but I did not really need a mom and seven puppies on top of the other four or six fosters I already have.