Friday, August 25, 2023

An extraordinary ordinary walk

I took Sherlock on the Friday morning walk. I put the gentle leader on him and he accepted it gracefully and we had a nice, ordinary walk. The extraordinary part happened at the very beginning and it didn't even involve Sherlock.

I parked my van, got the gentle leader on Sherlock, and got him out ready to take off when I saw a woman approaching. She asked if I was Brent, so we walked towards her. She introduced herself and told me that she had adopted a lab named Daisy from me about 12 years ago. They had just been out with her in one of the big fields and it looked like they were preparing to leave. Daisy is obviously getting up there in age now but she's still enjoying a romp in the park and I was very happy to hear it.

I didn't remember dog or adopter, I have trouble remembering the names of even my current fosters and anyone adopted even a week ago seems like a distant memory, but when I got home I did a search on my blog and found the dog I believe to be Daisy. She's one I got from my doggie dealer, was said to be lab/bloodhound mix, looking much like a lab with more of a nose and longer ears. It was April, 2012 that I took her in. That was spring time and later blog posts show a lot of pictures of her running the pasture and playing with other dogs. My refreshed memory of her is that she was a wonderful girl and the woman who adopted her told me the same today. 

It was a very nice encounter and it really made my day. It's things like this that keep me going on days that aren't so nice, when there are sick dogs, people problems, or dog problems that I just can't fix. The woman told me that she follows my blog so I hope she'll see this and know how much it meant to me. 

Sherlock on this morning's walk.




These are some of the pictures I had of Daisy back in April-May, 2012. She was a young, happy, playful girl, and apparently she still is.






No comments: