Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Before time slips away

I'm preparing to go out of town again on Friday. For four days this time instead of just one, but the preparation angst is pretty much the same whether it's one day, four days, or four weeks. That feeling that I have to get everything done before I leave, even though many of those same things would be left undone if I wasn't going to be away. Maybe it's the fear that I'll never return and would be leaving Clay with a dirty house and an unkempt yard, but more likely it's just the fact that I don't want to come home to a house that looks like it was abandoned years ago. 

This summer has gone by faster than any. Time accelerates as you age. It's something we wished for when younger, wanting to be "old enough" — to drive, to vote, to go away to college. Time seemed to move so slowly then but now it races by while we wish we could slow it down, to stretch out the remaining years as far and long as possible. 

All of this is a long-winded way of saying that the past few days have slipped away from me without a blog post and here's some pictures from that period that I don't want to be lost in the rush.


Dragon wing begonia

Paisley in the Garden of the Dogs.

Maya, at a distance, across fresh mown grass.

Jericho


Coleus in the shade garden.

The shade garden getting it's 30 minutes of sun.


Sherlock and Jericho


My water lily is in bloom!

Paisley on an evening walk with Elvis.

Elvis on that same walk.




This young deer was only about 20 yards from us.
This was the Paisley/Elvis evening walk.

Della on the next morning's walk.



Sherlock, Wednesday morning walk.






No comments: