Thursday, August 10, 2023

Piranha puppies

I've been neglecting the puppies lately, just in terms of play time. When I go out in the morning to get them out and feed them, I put the food down quickly and get out because I'm wearing shorts and their teeth and claws can shred human flesh in a matter of minutes. This evening, I was wearing shoes and long pants so I was prepared, sort of, for the piranha puppies. 

They are cute, sweet, and deadly. They calm down if you pick them up but I didn't do that tonight. I sat in a chair and played with them roughly with my feet. They loved it and didn't do too much damage. I need someone to help me trim their nails, I haven't been able to do that yet although I have done a lot of messing with their feet and toes so I hope they will be good about it in the future.

I weighed them tonight too, or at least I tried to. I had to put them in a big box and didn't fit very well on the scale and they didn't exactly sit calmly. These may be the final weights I get on them. Pike is still the biggest at 18.16 pounds. Angel is next at 15.23 pounds. Mack still looks the largest, but a lot of that is fur. He weighed in at 14.44 pounds. The two boys get neutered next Thursday and Angel is to be spayed the following week. Their time here is coming to an end, as is their mom's. Star should be moving to her new home on Monday. 

They've been fun, but I need to space for other fosters and they don't need me any more. They are ready for their adoptive homes.

Angel

Angel, standing on the back of one of her brothers.

Mack is easy to distinguish from the others with those eyebrows and his fluffy fur.

Mack

Pike and Angel

Pike (left) and Angel

My shoes were the only thing they could chew on without making me yelp.

Angel and Pike (chewing)

Pike is the one mostly likely to be trying to get in my face.

See that red spot on Pike's paw? That's blood from my arm.

Angel looking too sweet to do anything bad.


Angel biting Pike's head.

Mack has a nice smile.

Angel climbing on Pike

This is the closest I came to a decent group photo.
Left to right is Mack, Angel, and Pike.

Pike trying to climb my leg.


As you can see, there are plenty of toys around, 
but my shoe and shoe laces were the favorite tonight.


Angel, Mack, Pike

Angel




No comments: