Thursday, September 7, 2023

Mitch and weird math

Two of our foster dogs met potential adopters today so I was foolishly optimistic that we'd be down two dogs at the end of the day. Instead we are up one, bringing the total back to 10. 

The folks who came to meet Joy do want her, but not until sometime Sunday afternoon so she's still here tonight. That's an adoption pending, so I'm not sure how to figure the math on that one. I used to say that dogs who have homes to go to take up less space, but that's not really true. She still occupies a crate in the kitchen when she's not in the a/c yard, but just for three more nights.

The people who came to meet Jericho liked him, and they have shepherd experience and a fence so I liked them, but they also have a small (5 pound?) very senior dog, plus two younger, larger dogs, so I think I'll need to make a visit to their place with Jericho if they want to proceed. So Jericho is still here too. He's a maybe at this point, at best.

And then along came Mitch. I had agreed to take him in when I got back from Kentucky. I'm back so here he is. He's the smallest dog in our house now, about 35 pounds. I've got him with Joy in the a/c yard this evening, which gives her company. I guess I'll crate him in the kitchen next to Joy and bring Jericho up to the office tonight. It's either that or set up a third, smaller crate in the kitchen until Sunday. We'll see. 

Mitch is a terrier mix of some sort, kind of cute and scruffy. I'll probably take him to the disc dog competition/adoption event at Patch on Saturday. Happy is too wild and Sherlock would be too loud. Mitch is my man.










Della has been insisting that we go for a walk since I got back. I finally got enough stuff unloaded from the van so I had room to take her up to the park this morning. If we go again tomorrow it needs to be even earlier because she was hot and tired by the end of our two miles. 



I had walked right past this thing, but Della misses nothing.
She spotted it and it obviously needed to be checked out.


It was a stuffed toy raccoon that someone had lost and someone else had put up on a post.

We went on our way after it was declared to be harmless.




No comments: