Friday, September 1, 2023

The new Candace

It's almost 8:30 a.m. Friday morning and I should be on the road, but I just finished watering all the flowers. I had the dogs out with me and it was another cool, clear morning, absolutely beautiful. Candace was out with us, still dragging her long line, but she was a completely new dog this morning.

She was actually more active than the other dogs, literally running around the yard, yes running, in a way I haven't ever seen her do. Her back legs are stiff, but the carprofen has certainly helped with the stiffness and pain and she was really feeling spry this morning. She has become more integrated into the pack in the past couple of weeks, and seemed to be wanting to do dog things with the others, particularly going outside to the yard.

This morning was the most active I have ever seen her. She made at least a couple laps around the house and I often spotted her dashing by, or saw the long line attached to her slither past. She was even running enough that Paisley tagged her a couple of times, as Paisley is wont to do. 

Anyway, I was so happy to see this that I wanted to share it before I hit the road.








I was never fast enough to get a picture of her running from the front.









No comments: