Sunday, October 1, 2023

Black dogs I have known and loved (some of them)

Today is National Black Dog Day and we currently have two of them to celebrate, Mitch and Dodger. But of course I wanted to share pictures of former fosters who were black dogs. I didn't realize that the search would take as long as it did or reveal so many. Frankly, I didn't remember all of them until I found them on the blog, probably because they were nice, easy dogs who got adopted quickly. It was nice looking back and visiting them again. 

I'm sure I've missing many, especially since these are only dogs that appeared on my blog, and I didn't start blogging until November 2008, but started fostering in 2000 or 2001. So if I've missed your black dog, I'm sorry, but here's a good representative sample. Many of them are gone now, of course, but they are forever part of me.

Current foster Mitch

Yes, Mitch has some white on him, but he's predominantly a black dog.

Dodger, or other current black foster dog.




And here's far more former foster black dogs than I had realized, and I'm sure it's not all.

Alex

Aragon

Argo

The goddess, Athena

Belle

Bonnie

Callie

Clyde

Diesel

Duggan

The Fab Five, Della's black puppies.
The big one in front is Sierra. The one looking up at Clay is Peroni. The one in the center is
Guinness, closest to Clay is Modelo, and sitting at the right is Stella.

Felix

Gigi

Gigi in pearls

Greta

Jackie

Joy

Kash

King

Legend

Lola

Max

Nero

Oberon

Pan (Panic)

Reina

Ruthie

Sam

This picture of my first shepherd, Sasha, is a scan because she pre-dated digital pics.

Scooby

Score

Sly

Sojourner Truth (Sojo)

Tank

Thor

Tippy

Thanks for taking this trip with me down memory lane to honor some of the beautiful black dogs who have graced our home, and yours.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of all the black doggies.